The scope of services included the development of a comprehensive program plan to expand and enhance Phase 2 of the Community Living Center located on the first floor of Building 500. The project entailed both remodeling and reconfiguring of existing space and construction of new space. This allowed for optimization of clinical service delivery, patient and family-caregiver privacy, and efficiency of infrastructure. The facility expansion consisted of an 18,200 square foot addition to the existing Community Living Center and renovation of approximately 1000 square feet of the existing Community Living Center.
The expansion & upgrades modernized patient spaces as well as added a 4,600 SF courtyard separating Phases 1 and 2 of the CLC, a 6,800 SF Courtyard separating Phase 1 from the existing CLC, and all perimeter landscape/hardscape surrounding both phase 1 and 2. This separated the new buildings from the existing parking lots/roadways and adjacent buildings. Renovation of the existing area also required modifications to the existing site, design of a new HVAC system and controls, and a new electrical and distribution system.
Key project elements included:
- Remodel/ Reconfiguration/ Demolition/ Active HC Facility
- Design Charrette/ Surge Plan/ Earned Value Analysis
- Horizontal Expansion/ Future Vertical Expansion Phases
- Cost Estimates/ Deduct. Alt’s./ LIDAR Survey/ Site Eval.
- Gap Analysis/ Multiple Options/ Phasing/ CPS
- ICRA/ Life Safety/ Fire Protection/ Medical Gases
- Asbestos Survey/ Monitoring/ Seismic Bracing
- As-builts/ Millwork/ SEPS/ Nurse Travel Distances
- LEED Silver Design/ Commissioning/ BAS/ BIM
- Roadway and Parking Modifications/ Exterior Lighting
- IT Infrastructure Upgrades/ Physical Security
- Landscaping/ Courtyard/ SWPPP/ Site Plan
- Signage/ Wayfinding/ Equip. Plans/ Demountable Walls
Department of Veterans Affairs
Architecture, Electrical, Civil, Landscape, Fire Protection, Mechanical, Plumbing, Life Safety, LIDAR Survey, Construction Administration